Effective 1 July 2014.
The Website is operated on behalf of The Star Entertainment QLD Limited trading as The Star Gold Coast; and Treasury Brisbane; The Star Pty Ltd trading as The Star Sydney ("We/Us").
These Terms are effective as at the date specified above and subject to compliance with any applicable laws or regulatory requirements may be amended by us from time to time by publishing the amended Terms on this Website so please check these Terms regularly when using the Website to ensure that you are kept up to date. We will provide you with notification on the Website where we reasonably believe that any variation to these Terms will cause material detriment to you. If you do not agree with these Terms, you should leave the Website immediately. By continuing to use the Website, you accept the current Terms.
Membership of The Star Club is subject to the membership terms and conditions of The Star Club. These Terms should be read in conjunction with those Membership terms and conditions. To the extent of an inconsistency the Terms and Conditions of The Star Club will apply.
We may at times require that you register and/or set up an account to use certain portions of the Website, or the Website as a whole. In order to do so, you may be provided, or required to choose, a password, user ID or other registration information (collectively, "Registration Information"). You agree that all Registration Information provided by you is accurate and up-to-date.
If you register on the Website, you will be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your Registration Information. You may not authorise others to use your Registration Information. If you have reason to believe that your Registration Information is no longer confidential, you must promptly change the affected Registration Information if possible and also inform us.
This Website is not intended for users under the age of 18. Only persons 18 years and over may register to use the Website.
3. The Website
The Website will only show program benefits or Membership information (such as Tier Points and Casino Dollars balances) which are available at the time the information is displayed. There may be a delay of up to 72 hours before information is shown on the website.
In using the Website, you must not:
- disrupt the operation or security of the Website or those services or any accounts, servers, or networks connected or accessible through the Website;
- use the Website or those services in a way that may harass, annoy or disrupt any third person, including a third person who may receive messages as a result of your use of the Website or those services;
- submit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information or material of any kind including without limitation any material constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law;
- submit any material of any kind which violates or infringes the rights of any other person, including material which is an invasion of any privacy rights, which is protected by copyright, trade mark or any other proprietary right without first obtaining the permission of the owner or relevant right holder;
- submit any material of any kind which contains a virus or other harmful component;
- delete any author attributions, legal notices, or proprietary designations or labels in any material that is submitted;
- modify or delete any content on the Website or add any content to the Website; or
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to any part of the Website or those services or any accounts, servers or networks connected or accessible through the Website.
You expressly acknowledge and agree that we do not control users of the Website and are not liable for their behaviour including any information, defamatory statements or offensive conduct.
You agree you will not use any device, software or routine, to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website. You agree you will not take any action that imposes a burden or load on the Website that is unreasonable or disproportionate to the benefits we obtain from your use of the Website.
4. Intellectual Property Rights
The material contained on the Website is protected by copyright. You may use the Website only for your personal and non-commercial purposes. Except to the extent permitted by relevant copyright legislation, you must not use, copy, modify, transmit, store, publish or distribute the material on the websites, or create any other material using material on the websites, without obtaining our prior written consent. All rights of the copyright owners are reserved.
Trade marks (whether registered or unregistered) and logos used on the websites must not be used or modified in any way without obtaining our prior written consent.
The Website and products, technology and processes contained in it may be the subject of other intellectual property rights owned by us or by third parties. No licence is granted in respect of those intellectual property rights other than as set out in these Terms. Your use of the Website must not in any way infringe the intellectual property rights of any person.
The Website may contain links to, or frame, websites of third parties ('external sites'). We are not required to maintain or update the links. Links to, or framing of, external sites should not be construed as any endorsement, approval, recommendation or preference by us of the owners or operators of the external sites, or for any information, products or services referred to on the external sites unless expressly indicated on the Website. We do not make any warranties or accept any liability in relation to material contained on external sites.
5. Website Performance, Delays and Viruses
We undertake to make all reasonable efforts to ensure that the Website is available to you during the hours specified by us from time to time but we are not liable to you for or in connection with:
- failure of the Website to perform in whole or in part, any function which we have specified it will perform;
- the unavailability of the Website in whole or in part because of the failure of the communication network, ancillary equipment or any circumstance beyond our reasonable control; or
- delays or errors in the execution of any transaction or instruction because of the communication network, ancillary equipment or any circumstance beyond our reasonable control.
We do not make any representations regarding the timeliness, completeness or reliability of the information or functions contained on the Website.
We will not be liable for damage or loss resulting from any delay in operation or transmission, virus, harmful component, communications failure, internet access difficulties or malfunction in equipment or software.
We rely on your continued observance of these Terms. You may be responsible for damages suffered by us if we suffer any loss or damage or incur any costs as a result of or in connection with any breach of these Terms or any other legal obligation by you.
7. Linking to this Website
You must not create a hyperlink to any page within the Website unless we give you prior written permission.
We do not guarantee the ongoing operation of the Website and we are not obliged to continue the operation of the Website at any time.
We reserve the right to immediately terminate your use of, or access to, the Website at any time if you have breached these Terms, the Membership terms and conditions of The Star Club or any relevant law, rule or regulation.
By accessing the Website you consent to us and our related entities, agents and contractors collecting, using and disclosing that information for the purposes of operating our business and promoting our products, services, promotions and events.
We have legal obligations to provide information to some third parties such as government gaming regulatory authorities and law enforcement agencies, as well as obligations to collect personal information under laws such as anti-money laundering and counter terrorism financing legislation.
We take care to ensure that any personal information you give us on the internet is protected and secure, however, we cannot guarantee the strength or effectiveness of the servers or any encryption methods used.
You should keep any passwords or access codes that you have confidential. They are used to control your access to our products and services and are important in helping us to maintain the security of your personal information and the integrity of our internet services.
Cookies are data stored on the web browser on your computer. Any web server may store cookies on your browser or request your browser transmit data back to the web server. The Website may store cookies on your web browser in order to improve service for you on your subsequent Website visits.
Most web browsers can be configured to notify the user when a cookie is received allowing you to choose whether to accept or reject the cookie. If you choose to disable or reject cookies, then you may not be able to gain access to all content and services of the Website.